TTORA Forum banner

Another T100 sas (pics)

21K views 36 replies 12 participants last post by  awsumdc 
#1 · (Edited)
well like everyone else I wheeled my T100 for awhile before enough was enough. always replacing idler arms/tie rods/cvs. so this last time I said the hell with ifs its time to SAS. ive always wanted to sas my T100 and after seeing builds on here by other T100 owners and talking to them I started collecting parts and letting my T100 sit while I just drove the dd around.

specs: 79 d44. warn hubs. 12" 5125(4).ford towers(changing to hoops). tg 4" leafs. sky full width hanger. blah blah blah

well I don't have many pictures but its similar to the others another leaf sprung d44.

here was the stages of the truck back when it was ifs:

back in high school when I thought this was cool

1.5 bj spacer and daystar shackle. on 285-75-16

than I took off the moldings and emblems to clean it up

than I added some sliders

than I added some daystar lights and spidertrax wheel spacers

next came some 35.12.5.17 km2s on procomp 52s

than added led rock lights

than replaced those halogen daystars with h1 hids

than the parts piled up

next came all the fun

we pulled 2 leafs from the pack to drop the height down

got my steering going. this setup is temporary

first time driving it again so I had to mall crawl it.

the rear is stock now but I have some 63 chevys ill be adding this week.

See less See more
#2 ·
Looking foward to seeing that 63 swap. I was going to do mine this week with the help of metu05(thanks for the thought).

I am just not ready though:(. I need to have frame boxing plates before I french in the Ruffstuff hangers.

Plenty pics please my97toy:)

#3 ·
I also got the ruffstuff kit. my frames boxed and ready I just need to take it back over to my buddies

#4 ·
Should be doing the rear tonight ill get pics up as soon as I can

#5 ·
An FYI, keep an eye on those gussets for your front shackle hangers. Because the frame is not plated, and they don't go all the way to the top of the frame, it has been known to crack the frame there.

Mine run from top to bottom there, so I opted not to plate and I've been fine for 5 years. However, some guys that have built rigs and didn't run it to the top and didn't run a plate there, have cracked the frame there.

#6 ·
Ok thanks.. We actually ran a piece to the top those were just mock ups

#10 ·
#14 ·
I think he was asking about a spring swap write up for the rear with 63" Chevys.

Nice build/truck! btw
Yeah 63".

I wish I was ready to ask for help on an SAS.

Sky front hangers, moved 9" forward keeps axle in same location
Rear hangers need relocation (after Takeover) :
The Frame holes above the mount are the factory original location
I added the Tacoma weld on lower hangers for lift and pinion angle correction.

I actually cut those off, and relocated new Tacoma hangers about another inch back, they are now at then end of what frams I have left:

Need A BIGGER RTI ramp at the Ranch !!!:D

#15 ·
Looks awesome JOE some things actually came up so it was postponed but should be taking it back to my buddies shop to do the rear and fix little things up front. Thanks for letting me know I need to move the front hanger 9" forward

#16 ·
I have a Taco so my measurement is 7.5 inches foward I believe. I will use a plumb bob for axle center line.

I just woud like to see all I can while I collect a few more parts.

Mainly order of operations from measuring to cutting, measuring, tacking in, measuring, cycling etc. etc.

Are you going to french the hangers?

I need to keep mine low as I'm IFS still.

#17 ·
Honestly I've never done it so I'm leaving that up to my buddy/fab guy

#18 ·
A little update: got my 63s installed so now it's just gears. Front driveshaft and hit the trails

#20 ·
Thanks. I'm
Happy with how it turned out now I need to bob that bed

#23 ·
After I get gears and a new passanger side flat top so I can do crossover steering and get rid of the one I have now.

You should bob it and do something like Jon did (01tundra)

Yeah his truck was awesome. I'm actually going to bob it and dovetail at the same time probably bring in the rear 5" each side

#24 ·
I've been looking online and trying to search. I have noticeably bad positive camber on each side. My ball joints were new when installed and the axle tube seemed straight. Anyone know why or how to fix it? I read I can get camber shims.... Could it be wheel bearings?

#26 ·
Mine does this as well but its really just a combination of too much caster and toe in. Making the tires appear like they are leaning. If I were to drop my caster from 8* to say 3* all would then appear well and good

#30 ·
well ive been slacking on the updates lately but here they are its all coming together finally

I needed some recovery points in the front

than the brown santa arrived with more gifts

than I painted the ruff stuff diff cover. (this things beefy)

than fabbed up some bump stops, these are daystar bumps with the evs foam and they are nice and soft, I drilled the first hole on the plate bigger so I can change the bumps if I ever need to by just taking the plate off

than took it out for a little test run at sycamore creek (30 min from my house)

than found a great deal on some new tires to replace my tired worn out 35s so headed up to show low, az to get that and some extra tube from my buddies parents house along with other misc stuff

than got them mounted 2 days later 36x13.5x17 iroks

and now comes the fun... with all the tube im starting my bumper and bed bob so stay tuned. ill update as soon as I can

#33 ·
Is that DOM or HREW? (I am new to this.) Would the measurements give me a clue?

Are the measurements exclusive to each type of tube? Or are all types spec'd in general sizes?

#34 ·
1.5"x.120 wall DOM they were 20ft sticks but we decided to chop them all at 10' to haul back

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.