TTORA Forum banner

Winch mounted behind stock bumper

10K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  loudboy 
#1 ·
I have seen this done with large trucks, but had never seen it done with ours, and always wondered if it could be done.

Apparently it can, as I saw a Taco rolling down the street today with a nice roller fairlead and winch hook sticking out from the stock bumper.

I have not been able to find anybody on this forum with that setup, and was wondering if anyone else has it or has seen how it would be done.

I dont know if I would to it, since the stock bumper doesnt provide too many sturdy recovery points, but am curious and maybe it would help others put together the same idea.

thanks all!

#2 ·
I've seen the FJ's with the winch behind the stock bumper, it's actually mounted to the frame. I had a friend that wanted to do the same with a T100, he fabricated the mount, and welded it between the frame horns, and cut a square hole in the front of the plastic bumper for the fairlead. He said he didn't like the mad max look of a aftermarket bumper.

#3 ·
Warn winch mount butted up to frame between frame horns, it fit right between the spring mounts.
I added it after I SaSswd the truck I had already had the front hitch mount.

#7 ·
Great, thanks for all the info guys. I guess I was looking in the wrong places for the threads

#9 ·
^^^^Thats a clean set up there, hadnt thought about doing a reciever up front like that. Sure provides one hell of a tow point too

oops, duh

I have a 2004 Taco double cab

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.